- Always listen to the substance abuser but it is important that you don’t agree with him or her. You need to remain firm and tough and never give in.
- When the substance abuser agrees to undergo treatment, act on it right away.
- Never hesitate to apply an intervention even if it hurts the whole family, keeping in mind that not doing this may lead to an irreversible damage or even death.
- If the substance abuser has some heart problem or anxiety issues, you need to get medical advice because the stress might be too much for him or her to take.
- Get legal advice for possible issues which may expose you to civil or criminal liability.
- Evaluate the seriousness of the problem, making sure that the intervention will be beneficial to the substance abuser.
- When the substance abuser claims that his or her condition is under control, do not dismiss it right away. At times, he or she may be telling the truth.
- Make sure the mental condition of the substance abuser is capable of handling the intervention, or else better get medical advice.
Speak to an Intake Coordinator or Intervention Specialists NOW!!!
24 Hour Emergency Line: Call our direct line now! 714-317-6176
If you cannot reach me on the phone, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pacific Ocean Drug RehabOrange County Drug and Alcohol Rehab Services Top Treatment Centers In Southern California
We do Intakes, Assessments and Referrals to Treatment Centers
Welcome! Visitor No: